Most homes today use a heating, ventilation and air conditioning, or HVAC, system to regulate temperatures. To transport the warm air from your furnace and the cool air from your air conditioning unit into your home, the HVAC system includes a series of ducts. These usually are either in your attic or in the crawl space below your home. If there is a problem with the ductwork, you could notice a change in your heating and cooling systems.
Signs You Could Have A Problem
Signs that there may be a problem with your ductwork include:
- One or more rooms are a different temperature than the rest of the house.
- Your utility bills seem to be higher than normal.
If you encounter one of these signs, your ductwork may have an issue that needs to be addressed. Common problems include:
- Duct joints have loosened or disconnected from each other, including joints at the furnace or air conditioning unit, as well as joints inside the walls.
- Ducts have kinked, and airflow is restricted.
- Damage to the ducts, such as holes or tears caused by critters, is causing less conditioned air to enter into your home.
If you suspect any of these common problems, All Year Cooling can visit your home, address your concerns, inspect the area and offer solutions to fix your ductwork. To schedule an appointment, call us at 888-496-4396.